This article is geared toward guiding the readers on how to cancel their premium subscription to LinkedIn. So if you are reading this, you obviously know a lot about the platform and how it operates. But for the sake of those who do not, we will start with a brief introduction to the LinkedIn social media platform.
Since its launch on the 5th of May, 2003, LinkedIn has been used majorly as a platform for professional networking. This means that it makes it easier for employers and employees or potential employees to communicate. It is easier for employers to market or post available job opportunities and is equally easier for job seekers to post their CVs and other required documents. So far, it has more than 600 million users, including professionals who utilize it in managing their professional identities and also in the expansion of their business or professional network.
LinkedIn establishes these connections by linking the profiles of appropriate parties to each other. That is to say that every user has a profile. These profiles all start at the same level, but LinkedIn has made it possible for users to upgrade the levels of their profiles using subscription plans.
LinkedIn Profile Subscription Plans
The different LinkedIn subscription plans have been divided into six different categories. They are:
- Basic (this is mostly free)
- Job Seeker
- Business Plan
- Executive Level
- Sales Navigator
- Recruiter Lite
From the least $29.99 per month for the job seeker level to the highest $119.95 per month for the recruiter lite level, the subscription plans vary (the sales navigator ranges from $59.99 to $129.99 monthly).
The higher your subscription plan, the more privileges you have.
- Increased insight into Who`s Viewed Your Profile: This means you can monitor who and who has viewed your profile and you can actively reach out to those who showed interest and whom you are interested in.
- InMail Messages: This is not available on the free version. But it allows you to send messages via the platform to interested parties instead of using regular emails. This has an open rate of 85% over regular emails. It is 2.6 times more effective than email.
- Premium Search Filter: This is similar to a quality check on job opportunities and potential employees based on your specific requirements. Not available in the free version.
- Profiles Per Search: The higher your profile subscription plan, the higher the number and degree of the profiles you have access to view.
- Saved Search Alerts: When you have laid down your requirements or qualifications, LinkedIn will email you if and when a profile (user) that matches your criteria is found. It is an interesting and vital feature of the platform.
As for which subscription to use, that decision is best left to the user after careful consideration of three major questions.
- Am I making full use of my present opportunities?
- Do I really need to upgrade?
- Can I fully and properly utilize opportunities presented by a higher subscription?
This can be divided into two part:
- Premium Career: Useful for job seekers. It gives a job seeker double the attention the basic level gives. There are also a few other perks.
- Increased applicant insight: You get directed to suitable job opportunities or employers based on your qualifications and requirements (past experience, education, skills, and salary requirement). Operates using Applicant Insight (exclusive service).
- Increased awareness of Who`s Viewed Your Profile.
- On-Demand Learning: Teaches trending and useful skills to add to your profile.
- InMail: You can reach out to hiring and interested in managers using the InMail service.
- Premium Business: Useful for companies and hiring managers. A major service is the “Company Insight” service, which allows reviewing competitor data and analytics. This gives an edge.
How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
It would be beneficial to cancel a LinkedIn premium subscription at least one day before the end of the current billing cycle to avoid being charged for the next period or month. To cancel LinkedIn premium subscription, the device in use matters.
- Start by clicking on the Me icon located at the top right corner of the LinkedIn homepage on your screen.
- From the resulting dropdown, click on Premium subscription settings.
- Then on the right rail, choose the Manage Premium account option.
- Click Cancel Subscription.
- Click on the continue to cancelbar.
- Finally, confirm cancellation.
2: Cancel LinkedIn Premium on iOS
- Open Settings on your device.
- Go to your profile [Your Name],
- Then to the iTunes & App Store.
- Then click on Apple ID.
- Tap on View Apple ID.
- Tap on Subscriptions.
- Find your LinkedIn subscription and tap on Cancel Subscription.
3: Cancel LinkedIn Premium on Mac/PC
- First, Open iTunes.
- Sign in using your Apple ID.
- Go to Account.
- Then tap View My Account (if asked to, then authenticate account).
- Go to the Settings section.
- Then to the right of subscriptions, tap Manage.
- Find your LinkedIn subscription and tap on Edit.
- Finally, click on Cancel Subscription.
After you cancel LinkedIn premium, your profile, connections, or data of similar nature would remain intact, so you do not have to worry about the loss of already acquired data or information. Nevertheless, all the InMail credits you have will be lost as the billing cycle ends. Additionally, all services and special privileges associated with the LinkedIn premium subscription would also be terminated.
Note that, if you signed up for the LinkedIn Premium services using the “free trial” opportunity, you will not have access to another “free trial” for a minimum of 12 months (1 year).